After the release of her new album, one might wonder what is behind the title LEMONADE. As you can guess from the quote above, it is all about overcoming difficult times in life and Beyoncé divulges further into the meaning by telling a story about her grandmother:“Take one pint of water, add a half pound of sugar, the juice of eight lemons, the zest of half lemon,” she says. “Pour the water into one, then to another several times. Strain through a clean napkin. Grandmother. The alchemist. You spun gold out of his hard life. Conjured beauty from the things I left behind. Found healing where it did not live. Discovered the antidote in your own kitchen. Broke the curse with your own two hands. You passed these instructions down to your own daughter, who then passed them down to her daughter.”
The 34-year-old is making it clear that she gained her strength to overcome adversity from what her mom and grandmother passed down to her. That's a very good message and I think that LEMONADE is such a great piece of art and someone should listen carefully in between the lines to fully understand the message:
Don't let anyone make you feel small. Be the creator of YOUR LIFE, YOUR HAPPINESS!!!
The health benefits of lemons are due to its many micronutrients like vitamin C, vitamin B6, vitamin A, vitamin E, folate, niacin thiamin, riboflavin, pantothenic acid, copper, calcium, iron, magnesium, potassium, zinc, phosphorus and protein. Lemon is a fruit that contains flavonoids, which are composites that contain antioxidant and cancer fighting properties. It helps to prevent diabetes, constipation, high blood pressure, fever, indigestion and many other problems, as well as improving the skin, hair, and teeth. Studies conducted at the American Urological Association highlight the fact that lemonade or lemon juice can eliminate the occurrence of kidney stones by forming urinary citrate, which prevents the formation of crystals.
- FEVER: lemon juice can help to increase perspiration which is why it can help to break fevers. Due to its high amounts of vitamin C it is generally good for the treatment of people suffering from a cold or a flu.
- THROAT INFECTIONS: Lemon is an excellent fruit that fights against problems related to throat infections, due to its well-known antibacterial properties.
- HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE: lemon juice contains potassium. It can be helpful for people suffering from heart problems as it can help to control high blood pressure, dizziness and nausea.
- MENTAL STRESS AND DEPRESSION: Lemon juice provides a calming sensation to both the mind and the body. It is commonly employed to reduce mental stress and depression.
- CORNS: lemon juice can dissolve lumps on the skin, so it can be applied at the places where the skin has hardened up, like the soles of feet and the palms of your hands. Drinking lemon juice with water can help patients reduce gall stones for the same reasons.
- INTERNAL BLEEDING: lemon juice has antiseptic and coagulant properties. If you have a nose bleed, you can apply lemon juice onto a small cotton ball and use it to stop the bleeding.
- BURNS: Use lemon juice on the site of old burns can help fade the scars, and since lemon is a cooling agent, it reduces the burning sensation on the skin when you currently have an irritating burn.
- SKIN CARE: lemon juice, being a natural antiseptic medicine, can also cure problems related to the skin. The juice can be applied to reduce the pain of sun burn, and it helps to ease the pain from bee stings as well. It is also good for acne and eczema. It acts as an anti-ageing remedy and can remove wrinkles and blackheads. Drinking lemon juice mixed with water and honey brings a healthy glow to the skin, and if you thoroughly search the cosmetic market, you will find some soaps containing lemon juice, but they aren’t too easy to find!
- DIGESTION: Add a few drops of lemon juice to a dish and it will help in digestion. It acts as a blood purifier and cleansing agent so a lemon soda is a good drink after lunch or dinner. Also to add some taste to water makes drinking water much more enjoyable! Just add fresh lemon juice to cold water and you can also add some mint leaves or honey for sweetness. Make yourself a refreshing iced tea by adding lemon juice to some cold green tea!
- DENTAL CARE: you can add some lemon juice to your toothpaste and it can whiten your teeth by removing stains. But be careful, lemon juice is acidic and it can also destroy your enamel if used excessively!!!
Attached you will find a medical paper about beneficial effects of citrus fruits so for anyone who wants to know even more, that's a great source!
I hope you enjoyed to read about all the benefits of a lemon as much as I did! It is an easy to get fruit and it is cheap and yet so beneficial for you! :) To the LEMON(ADE)! I'll now go to the gym with lemonade in my hand and my ears! ;)
Have a nice weekend!